|Product Name:||Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Hypromellose||Appearance:||White Or Yellowish Powder|
|Raw Material:||Refined Cotton||Application:||Thickener, Emulsifier, Film-former, Binder, Dispersing Agent, Protective Colloids|
|Advantage:||Good Water Retention, Stable||Sample:||200g Free Sample Provide|
E5 Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Hypromellose,
9004 65 3,
Binder Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Hypromellose
Name: Hypromellose (Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose)
Molecular Formula: [C6H7O2(OH)x-m-n (OCH3 )m (OCH2CH (OH)CH3 )n]x
Hypromellose Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC; CAS No. 9004-65-3) is an odorless and tasteless, white to slightly off-white, fibrous or granular, free-flowing powder that is a synthetic modification of the natural polymer, cellulose.
1. Resistance to salting out :Hypromellose is a nonionic cellulose ether and it is not a polyelectrolyte . The aqueous solution of Hypromellose is comparatively stable even in the presence of metal salts or organic electrolytes . However , when the concentration of electrolytes exceeds a certain limit , gelation and precipitation may result .
2. Surface activity :An aqueous solution of Hypromellose has a high surface activity and functions as a protective colloid agent , emulsion stabilizer and dispersant .
3. Thermal gelation :An aqueous solution of Hypromellose will gel or precipitate when heated to a certain temperature , but it reverts to the original solution state on subsequent cooling . The temperature at which gelation or precipitation occur depends on the type of HPMC , its concentration and the rate of heating .
4. pH stability :The viscosity of an aqueous solution of Hypromellose is hardly affected by acid or alkali , and the product can develop an original viscosity in the range of 3 . 0~11 . 0 . Therefore , the solution viscosity tends to keep stable during prolonged storage .
5. Water retention :Hypromellose is a high effective water retention agent . Its pharmaceutical grade product can be widely used in food , cosmetics and many other fields .
6. Film forming :Hypromellose provides a strong , flexible and transparent film having a good barrier property against oil and grease . In food application , this property is often utilized for water retention and oil adsorption .
1. Appearance: white to yellowish powder or grains.
Note: Any other special requirement for the product can be satisfied through the negotiation.
Hypromellose, a multipurpose additive for pharmaceutical, can be functioned as thickener, dispersion, emulsifier, film forming agent, etc . It is used in tablets for dressing and binding to improve solubility of the drugs and reinforce tablets’ water prevention function . It can also be utilized as mixed suspending agent, additive for eye drops, sustained-release agent, and so on .
Selection guide of products for pharmaceutical:
|Usage||Applicable type of the product||
|Creams, Gels, and Ointments||E-4000,F-4000,K-4000||1-5%|
|Ophthalmic Preparations||E-4000||01 .-0 . 5%|
|Eye drops preparations||F-4000, K-4000||0 . 1-0 . 5%|
|Suspending agent||E-4000, K-4000||1-2%|
|Tablets binder||E-5, F-50, K- 100||0 . 5-5%|
|Conventional Tablet Coating||E-5,E-15||0 . 5-5%|
|Conventional Wet Granulation||E-5,E-15||2-6%|
|Controlled Release Coatings||E-5,E-15||3-20%|
|Tablet coatings||E-5, E- 15, E-50||0 . 5-5%|
Controlled Release Matrix
|K- 100,000,K- 15,000,K-4000,E-4000||
The product is packed in polyethylene bag enclosed in composite fiberboard drum . The net weight is 25 kg/drum .
【Transportation and Storage】
The product should be kept in the original bag and stored in the dry and clean place far away from the source of heat and not put together with other chemicals .
The direct addition of the product to water causes the formation of lumps . Lumping results from incomplete wetting of the individual powder particles . Only the powder in contact with water dissolves and the formed gelatinous membrane prevents the remaining powder from dissolving , causing a delay in the dissolution time . The following three methods are recommended for dissolution without forming lumps . The most convenient method should be chosen according to the purpose of your application .