|Product Name:||Thickening Agent Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose||Appearance:||White Or Yellowish Powder|
|Raw Material:||Refined Cotton||Function:||Thickener, Emulsifier, Film-former, Binder, Dispersing Agent|
|Aplication:||Bread, Cake, Beverage, Pie||Inspection:||100% Test Before Delivery|
pies Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose,
K100M cas number 9004 65 3,
K100M Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose
HPMC Food Grade Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose as thicking agent
Chemical Name :Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC)
Molecular Formula :[C6H7O2(OH)3-m-n(OCH3)m(OCH3CH(OH)CH3)n]x
1. Solubility :HPMC food grade is nearly insoluble in anhydrous ethanol , ethyl ether and acetone . It is swelled in cold water to form a transparent or a slight cloudy solution . HPMC can be dissolved into some organic solvents and also in water-organic solvent mixed solven
2. Appearance :HPMC food grade is a white to light yellow powder or granular product .
3. Fineness(Graininess) :The oversize product above 100 mesh should not exceed 5 . 0% .
4. With reduction of methoxyl groups content, HPMC food grade is increased in gelling temperature and decreased in water solubility and surface activity .
1. .Water loss control:
2. Resistance to salting
4. Surface activity :
5. Thermal gelation
6. pH stability :
7. Water retention
8. Film forming
9. Cohesiveness (Binding property)
1. Appearance:White to light yellow powder or grains .
2. Specifications :
|Loss on drying,%||5 .0 max|
|Residue on ignition,%||1 .5 max|
|Heavy metals, ppm||20 max|
|Arsenic, ppm||3 max|
|pH||5 .0~8 .0|
|Viscosity(2% solution), mPa .s||In accordance with the viscosity specification as shown in table 2 .|
3. Viscosity specification
Specific range (2%
Specific range (2%
Note:The viscosity can be adjusted according to the special requirements of the customers .
Selection guide of products for food:
|Usage||Applicable type of the product|
|Bread and cake||MA-4000,F-4000,K-4000|
|Batter bread||MA - 15,F- 50,K- 100|
|Milky drink||MA- 15,E-50,F- 50|
|Filling of pies||MA -4000,F-4000,K-4000|
The product is packed in polyethylene bag enclosed in composite fiberboard drum or paper bag . The net
weight is 25 kg/drum or 25 kg/bag .
The product should be kept in the original bag and stored in the dry and clean place far away from the source of heat and not put together with other chemicals .
Contact Person: admin