|Product Name:||Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose HPMC Food Grade||Appearance:||White Or Yellowish Powder|
|Raw Material:||Refined Cotton||Function:||Thickener, Emulsifier, Film-former, Binder, Dispersing Agent|
|Aplication:||Bread, Cake, Beverage, Pie||Cas No:||9004-65-3|
Refined cotton HPMC Food Grade,
Refined cotton cas 9004 65 3,
K4M HPMC Food Grade
Chemical Name :Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC)
Molecular Formula :[C6H7O2(OH)3-m-n(OCH3)m(OCH3CH(OH)CH3)n]x
Structure Formula :
Where :R=-H , -CH3 , or -CH2CHOHCH3；X=degree of polymerization .
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is odorless, tasteless, non-toxic cellulose ethers producted from natural high molecular cellulose through series of chemical processing and achieved. It is white powder with good water solubility. It has thickening, adhesion , dispersing, emulsifying, film, suspended, adsorption, gel, and protective colloid properties of surface activity and maintain moisture function properties etc.
1. Water loss control: It can effectively control the food moisture from the feezer to room temperature change and redue the damage , ice crystal and texture deterioration by froze
2. Resistance to salting out : HPMC is a nonionic cellulose ether and it is not a polyelectrolyte . The aqueous solution of HPMC is comparatively stable even in the presence of metal salts or organic electrolytes .
3. Surface activity : An aqueous solution of HPMC has a high surface activity and functions as a protective colloid agent , emulsion stabilizer and dispersant .
4. Thermal gelation :An aqueous solution of HPMC will gel or precipitate when heated to a certain temperature , but it reverts to the original solution state on subsequent cooling . The temperature at which gelation or precipitation occur depends on the type of HPMC , its concentration and the rate of heating
5. pH stability :The viscosity of an aqueous solution of HPMC is hardly affected by acid or alkali , and the product can develop an original viscosity in the range of 3 . 0~11 . 0 . Therefore , the solution viscosity tends to keep stable during prolonged storage .
6. Water retention :HPMC is a high effective water retention agent . Its pharmaceutical grade product can be widely used in food , cosmetics and many other fields
7. Film forming :HPMC provides a strong , flexible and transparent film having a good barrier property against oil and grease . In food application , this property is often utilized for water retention and oil adsorption
8. Cohesiveness (Binding property) : HPMC , as a high performance binder, can also be used for molding food and medicine .
1. Appearance:White to light yellow powder or grains .
2. Specifications :
|Loss on drying,%||5 .0 max|
|Residue on ignition,%||1 .5 max|
|Heavy metals, ppm||20 max|
|Arsenic, ppm||3 max|
|pH||5 .0~8 .0|
|Viscosity(2% solution), mPa .s||In accordance with the viscosity specification as shown in table 2 .|
3 . Viscosity specification
Specific range (2%
Specific range (2%
Note:The viscosity can be adjusted according to the special requirements of the customers .
Selection guide of products for food:
|Usage||Applicable type of the product|
|Bread and cake||MA-4000,F-4000,K-4000|
|Batter bread||MA - 15,F- 50,K- 100|
|Milky drink||MA- 15,E-50,F- 50|
|Filling of pies||MA -4000,F-4000,K-4000|
The product is packed in polyethylene bag enclosed in composite fiberboard drum or paper bag . The net
weight is 25 kg/drum or 25 kg/bag .
【Transportation and Storage】
The product should be kept in the original bag and stored in the dry and clean place far away from the source of heat and not put together with other chemicals .