|Product Name:||Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Food Grade||Appearance:||White Or Yellowish Powder|
|Raw Material:||Refined Cotton||Function:||Thickener, Emulsifier, Film-former, Binder, Dispersing Agent|
|Aplication:||Bread, Cake, Beverage, Pie||CAS NO.:||9004 64 2|
Seasoning Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Food Grade,
Cellulose Pie 9004 64 2,
Pie Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Food Grade
HPMC food grade 9004-64-2 Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose
Chemical Name :Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC)
Molecular Formula :[C6H7O2(OH)3-m-n(OCH3)m(OCH3CH(OH)CH3)n]x
Structure Formula :
Where :R=-H , -CH3 , or -CH2CHOHCH3；X=degree of polymerization .
HPMC food grade is odorless, tasteless, non-toxic cellulose ethers producted from natural high molecular cellulose through series of chemical processing and achieved. It is white powder with good water solubility. It has thickening, adhesion , dispersing, emulsifying, film, suspended, adsorption, gel, and protective colloid properties of surface activity and maintain moisture function properties etc.
1. Water loss control: HPMC food grade can effectively control the food moisture from the feezer to room temperature change and redue the damage , ice crystal and texture deterioration by froze
2. Resistance to salting out : HPMC food grade is a nonionic cellulose ether and it is not a polyelectrolyte . The aqueous solution of HPMC is comparatively stable even in the presence of metal salts or organic electrolytes .
3. Surface activity : An aqueous solution of HPMC has a high surface activity and functions as a protective colloid agent , emulsion stabilizer and dispersant .
4. Thermal gelation :An aqueous solution of HPMC will gel or precipitate when heated to a certain temperature , but it reverts to the original solution state on subsequent cooling . The temperature at which gelation or precipitation occur depends on the type of HPMC , its concentration and the rate of heating
1. Appearance:White to light yellow powder or grains .
2. Specifications :
|Loss on drying,%||5 .0 max|
|Residue on ignition,%||1 .5 max|
|Heavy metals, ppm||20 max|
|Arsenic, ppm||3 max|
|pH||5 .0~8 .0|
|Viscosity(2% solution), mPa .s||In accordance with the viscosity specification as shown in table 2 .|
3. Viscosity specification
Specific range (2%
Specific range (2%
Note:The viscosity of HPMC food grade can be adjusted according to the special requirements of the customers .
HPMC food grade is packed in polyethylene bag enclosed in composite fiberboard drum or paper bag . The net
weight is 25 kg/drum or 25 kg/bag .
【Transportation and Storage】
HPMC food grade should be kept in the original bag and stored in the dry and clean place far away from the source of heat and not put together with other chemicals .